Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday Sounds: Coachella 2014 Series - Jhene Aiko






First time I heard of Jhene Aiko was on Drake's track From Time on his album Nothing Was The Same. I really love her voice. It brings me back to the days of Ashanti and Ja Rule (those were my jams back in the days lol). On my drive back to LA recently I heard her song "The Worst" on Power106 and fell in love. Performing on Sunday, here are some of my favorite tracks from Jhene Aiko.


The Worst
"Please don't take this personal
But you ain't shit
And you weren't special
Til I made you so"
My favorite lines in the song. It's reminiscent of unrequited love and believe me I'm a real expert in that area. Just a lesson that sometimes through no fault of our own, we put people on a pedestal when we love/like them so much when really when you look back you can't seem to figure out why you liked them at all.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...