Wednesday, June 03, 2015

Wanderlust Wednesday: Traveler's Notebook


As I mentioned in a previous post, I'll be doing some traveling in June and I really wanted to document my travels thru the use of a traveler's notebook. Instead of collecting a bunch of trinkets to put into a scrapbook when I return home from vacation (which ends up sitting in a shoe box under the bed collecting dust), I'll be taking my traveler's notebook with me and creating this scrapbook as I travel.

This will be my first traveler's notebook so I actually made it using a small address book that came with my Mother's Organizer planner that I got at CVS. I really like the size of it because it's slightly larger than the regular midori traveler's notebooks that you can find on Amazon giving you a little more space for "regular" sized photos (i.e. 4x6) rather than just the Instax photos. As you can see below, the entire book is just used for addresses but who really uses an address book these days? Instead of recycling it, I decided to tape over the majority of it to my liking.


I used this cardstock paper I bought at Michael's with one of their 40% off coupons. I had been looking into a reason to use this paper so it was perfect.


Here are a few samples of the paper I used to cover up the address pages. I basically repeated this patterned papered twice. The book came out to 17 pages.






I started working on the cover as well as some of the pages inside the book so that there would be a starting point once I was on the trip. The cover was just a paper bag that I wrapped over the address book. The stickers are mostly Mambi stickers that I picked up from Michael's. You can see what the stickers looked like in the packaging in this post. I used 3 stickers from the Mambi sticker packs: the airplane, the "destination" sticker, and the suit case. The 4 little strips were from a travel Mambi pack that I bought a long long time ago so I'm not sure if it is still available.


When you open up the notebook, I have a Hawaii foam sticker from a Recollections sticker set and the flower is also from another Recollections sticker set. On the left hand side where I have the brown paper bag, I want to put a little pocket for any keepsakes that just don't fit into the theme of the notebook.


For the second page, I had picked a background paper from the cardstock stack and I didn't really like how it looked since it was on the busier side so I cut out part of this map of Oahu (free from AAA if you have a membership) of the Ko'olina area where I'll be staying.


I really love how this page came out so I got a close up :D.


On the right side of the map I left some blank space *wink wink nudge nudge* (T swizzle reference). I wanted to be able to remember the date that I'm leaving for Hawaii so I put down a little date sticker as well as a Thursday tabby on the side. I'll probably jot down some notes on my flight to Hawaii and maybe include my boarding pass. Since this will be a straight up be a vegetable trip for us, we don't have an itinerary planned so I won't be decorating anything else in the notebook.



To hold all the stickers and embellishments I'll be using on my trip, I bought this photo album from Walmart. Here are some of the stickers I was able to fit into the album and bring with me to Hawaii.













Hope you guys enjoyed this post! Please let me know if you'd like to see more of these posts!
Thanks so much for reading and planning along with me!

1 comment:

  1. i love how that map page came out! super cute with that lei around the place you'll be staying. hope that we can see each other for a hot second before you leave!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...