Monday, June 06, 2011

loans info

In case you pharmers were wondering about your Direct Loans, I gave them a call this morning regarding which payment plan to choose and they said that no matter what plan you choose, you can pay more and not be penalized. I opted for the Extended Plan - Fixed Option (25 years) for now and I'll try to pay more. Apparently, my grad school loans don't go into repayment until 12/14/2011 and a portion of my loans are subsidized SO that means it would actually be beneficial for me to NOT pay off the subsidized portion of my loans! Great news! lol. I still have loans to pay off for undergrad (approx. $17,000 unsubsidized) so my goal is to completely wipe that out first. The Direct Loans people were super nice so I would recommend giving them a call if you have any questions. Their number is 1-800-848-0979 and their hours are 8am to 8:30pm, Eastern Time, Monday to Friday.

Hope this helps! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...