Thursday, September 15, 2011

american eagle hits and misses

As most of you know already, American Eagle had some pretty great Labor Day deals including 40% off everything and free shipping. Any chance I get to purchase AE stuff without having to pay for shipping, I definitely jump on it. Why you ask? Because they offer one of the best return policies. They allow you to purchase through their online store and return items in-store which is super. Gap, Old Navy and Banana (I believe) offers a similar return policy which is also awesome because you can only find most of their petite items online. Anyways, here are the hits and misses from that order.

Misses:

  • Aerie Softest T in Chalk in Small - $17.70 (orig. $29.50): WAYYY too big. I followed the size chart and that was a big fail. I was somehow under the impression that aerie stuff was smaller... but no. Returned.
  • AE Plaid Shirt in Red in Small - $23.70 (orig. $39.50): Again, this was WAYYY too big. I was actually really looking forward to this shirt too... I've been looking for a plaid shirt that was more of a boyfriend fit and I thought this would be it but it was too loose. I even went into the store and tried on an XS and it was still really really big. Returned.
Hits: 
  • Aerie Printed Chiffon Tank in Cottage Grey in Small - $20.70 (orig. $34.50): Love this shirt. Haven't worn it yet but it is super cute. I'm hoping to wear it with a black bandeau underneath or with a nude tank underneath for work with a cardigan over it. 
  • AE Paisley Scarf in Yellow (one size) - $11.70 (orig. $19.50): I don't really love this scarf but I'm going to keep it anyways because I need a scarf that will stand out. All my other scarves are very neutral (white, grey, etc). I do have a pink one that Tony gave me but that one is much more feminine. I wanted something that was more western (to pair with my new ankle boots! lol). They don't offer this product online anymore but I did see it in stores. 
  • AE Side Zip Bootie in Brown (size 6) - $35.70 (orig. $59.50): Love the way this one fits! Who knew AE would be the go-to place for boots! I'm really looking forward to wearing these out especially ever since Wendy from Wendy's Lookbook did her video. Mine are not nude but I'm hoping these will double as a more rugged look as well. 
  • AE Jegging in Blue (size 2 short... ha ha ha... too short :P) - $26.70 (orig. $44.50): Love how this fits! It actually feels like velvet! So soft! 
  • AE Buckle Moto Boot (size 6) - $47.70 (orig. $79.50): Love this boot as well! I'm not sure how this one will fit with pants tucked in though since it was a little snug but the buckles are real so I can actually undo them adjust so that the pants will probably fit. I guess we'll see how that goes. 

Hopefully I can wear some of this stuff to some functions soon so you can see what these items look like in person! Happy hump day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...